- The Notebook: The Notebook is the number one love story about two teenagers from two different sides of society find each other and fall in love. Then, years later after being apart, destiny would say they were always meant to be. I picked this movie because it is so iconic and a true classic to all dramatic movies. I think this movie shows what every person wants in a relationship, a strong and lasting forever love.
- Titanic: Based off a true tragedy of a sinking ship RMS Titanic, the 1997 film recreated this event with true heartfelt romance. Romance blossoms between two people from different ends of the social spectrum and in the end, just like the RMS Titanic, their love was split but never forgotten. I liked this movie because it’s a true reminder of the loss of the real RMS Titanic. The love between Jack and Rose proves that love at first sight does exist! I think on Valentine’s Day, everyone needs that inspirational feeling that love will never die and your soulmate is out there.
- 50 First Dates: 50 First Dates is a goofy love story that proves love takes time and work. A love that sparks between a man and a woman from a one night stand live the same day over and over again, as he falls head over heels for her. However, she forgets who he is every day. I appreciate this movie because I think it shows that if you love someone you should fight for them.
- Pride and Prejudice: Based off of the book Pride and Prejudice; set in 1813, A mother of five tries to marry off her daughters so they can all be taken care of and not worry that they’ll be alone forever and. The second oldest, Elizabeth, refuses her parent’s desire to be just married off because she’d rather marry for love. I like this movie because it shows woman power and taking a stand for true love.
- The Fault in Our Stars: When you’re dying, what else do you have to live for? Hazel Grace Lancaster and Gus Waters find that love is a true dying wish. I picked this movie because it shows that it doesn’t matter what kind of person you are, whether you’re disabled or not, love will always find a way!
- The Best of Me: The tale of former high school lovers reunited by the death of a loved one, after one lives years in prison and another lives the high life, their love connection couldn’t be any stronger. I enjoyed this movie because it shows that no matter what struggles or battles comes in a relationship, it’s still worth fighting for, and it’s all about forgetting about the past and moving forward.
- The Last Song: A depressed teen finds the love of her life while vacationing with her Dad and little brother, but little did she know that the love of her life was one of the reasons her dad is sick and dying. As much as she loved him, she will never forgive him. I enjoyed this movie because it’s more than just a romance, it’s more of a family movie. This movie really shows that family is more important than just some guy or girl.
- The Kissing Booth: Two best friends and the best friend’s hot brother, what could possibly go wrong? Lee Flynn and Elle Evans are best friends, the only problem is that she is in love with his brother Noah, the hottie that every girl drools over. As Elle and Noah start sneaking behind Lee’s back about their relationship, it ruins Elle and Lee’s friendship in the process. I liked this movie because it shows that it doesn’t matter what people say or do, you should be with the person you love and care about. You should always be open and honest about your feelings to the people you trust most.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before: We’ve all had crushes, but have your feelings about that person ever been accidentally told to them via letter? To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is about a girl named Lara Jean whose secret love letters get mysteriously mailed out, and leads her to find real love by giving in to admitting to her crush and actually falling in love. I appreciated this movie a lot because it shows that it’s good to show your emotions, say what you mean, and stand tall.
- Romeo and Juliet: My favorite movie of all time is Romeo and Juliet! Any version! In the city of Verona, Italy, where two lovers from two different households, Montague And Capulet, are now torn apart from a feud of hate. I love this movie not just because it’s my favorite movie, but because it shows love and what you are willing to fight for, even if it means going against all odds. Romeo and Juliet’s love may not set the perfect modern-day example of love, but back in the Shakespearean era, they were truly the most rebellious romance!