Helen Paige Jarden
Between work, school and study, its hard to find time to cook something healthy and delicious within the budget of a struggling college student. To be energized and focused, it’s important to eat healthily. The recipe below is a hearty, nutritious meal. Each meal takes less than an hour to prepare and cook, which is useful for any student who is in a rush!
Easy Cheesy Lasagna
+A warm, Italian meal that is both easy to make, and nutritious! What you’ll need is:
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 and ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef until cooked.
- Add 4 cups spaghetti sauce to the ground beef and cook until it bubbles evenly.
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce in baking pan and spread evenly.
- Layer 4-5 sheets of lasagna, add a layer of ground beef, ½ cup ricotta cheese and 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese.
- Repeat for 2 more layers.
- On the top layer pour the remaining sauce and ground beef, and cover the baking pan with foil.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Top lasagna with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Re-cover with foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Before cutting the lasagna, let it rest for 5 minutes.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Perfect for a cold morning and takes less than fifteen minutes to make! Serves three to four people depending on serving size. For this delicious breakfast you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups milk (add a bit more if you want a thinner oatmeal)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine milk, oatmeal and peanut butter.
- Put bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Add raisins and maple syrup to the bowl.
- Serve oatmeal, and, if desired, drizzle warmed peanut butter and maple syrup over dish.