Eat Like A Grown-Up: Pre-Winter Edition
Cold weather is coming, thanks to the winter season. Warm yourself up with these comforting recipes!
Easy Spicy Chili
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp ground garlic
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water (or more, depending on desired consistency)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Throw ground beef and garlic into a large pot and cook until brown.
- Drain off excess fat, then pour the remaining ingredients in pot.
- Let the pot simmer for two hours.
- Serve with crackers and shredded cheese if desired.
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 4 ½ cups of raw, tart apples
- ½ cup of flour
- ⅓ cup of butter
- ¾ cup of old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp of pumpkin spice
- Ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease, with shortening or butter, an 8 inch square or round pan.
- Spread apples evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, stir the rest of the ingredients except for the ice cream.
- Pour this mixture over the apples, then bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the apple crisp is golden brown on top.
- Serve warm, and enjoy with ice cream on top if desired.