Hi! We’re The Bridge, the student-run newspaper here on campus! We’re a small group of students dedicated to creating content for Lewis & Clark students as well as the local community. If you’ve been looking to get more involved on campus or in the area this is a great opportunity for you, plus you’ll get paid! The Bridge hires part-time and full-time students of all majors and aspirations (but bonus points if you want to write articles). Not enticing enough? Here’s a list of reasons we think The Bridge is a great place to work!
- It’s a great resume builder! Don’t have any work experience or references? We understand some of our students are just starting their professional journeys so our only requirements are good content and good time management. Lewis & Clark does stipulate that student employees must be registered for at least 1 course and be in good attendance for all enrolled courses.
- Meet new and interesting people! You have many opportunities to meet new people you may not have had the chance to meet prior. You’ll get to meet fellow staff as well as local citizens and leaders in the community. Some of our staff even got the opportunity to meet people in the entertainment industry with the recent Always Late Movie & TV Awards that took place on campus.
- Creative Expression! You’ll get the opportunity to express yourself creatively and be featured on our social media as well as in our print edition.
- Get paid! The Bridge is one of two student activities on campus that is able to pay students.
- Know the news before anyone else! When you work for a newspaper you get to learn local news before the rest of campus. You also have the opportunity to provide breaking news to your peers.
- Become a better content creator! Whether you want to write articles, create games, make comics, do photo essays, or more The Bridge can provide you with the support and assistance you need to excel and learn new skills.
- Make a difference! As a student journalist, you have the opportunity to entertain and educate the Lewis & Clark community about important topics. Plus, L&C President Dr. Trzaska reads our paper so you really have an opportunity to influence change on campus
Sound like a good opportunity? Reach out to us at email@example.com or comment on this post! We are fully staffed for Spring 2023 but are looking for new staff Fall 2023!